Tim Munro, and Industrial IoT Specialist for Advantech, shares his experience serving the Energy Sector and explores the following:
- What is the energy sector today is looking to accomplish using IoT
- Utilities have their own security standards based on the distrbuted nature of the power grid called SCADA. How does Advantech comply with the requirements?
- Advantech does a lot of intelligence at the edge solutions, does that mean it is replacing industrial controls?
- Power Utilities have a lot of outside systems. Are Advantech's systems ruggedized?
- What stage of adoption are our power companies and their ecosystems in today?
We also delved into discussion with Munro about Industry 4.0 and why it is an early adopter of IoT.
This podcast series looks at the news of the day, the game changing strategies that are changing the way we live, work and play.